Does Your Chosen Builder Assist in the Design Process? The Benefits of Design-Build Firms in Pennsylvania
When you’re looking to build a new property, whether it’s a home or a commercial building, you’ll find it highly beneficial to work with a design-build firm. Having the builder involved throughout the entire process is very beneficial. Most people will not find it at all helpful if they are told by a builder that they have to pick materials or perform design work themselves.
With this in mind, here are some of the benefits of working with a design-build firm in Pennsylvania:
- One accountable firm: Using a design-build approach allows you to have one go-to source for your entire project. This means that the relationship you develop during the design phase will carry on into the building phase, allowing you to feel more comfortable throughout the entire process. Compare this to a standard design-bid-build method in which you must first find an architect or designer to design your property, finalize that design, bid out the project to contractors, select your contractor and then work as an intermediary throughout that entire process. Design-build work is much simpler on the property owner, and allows you to build a relationship to ensure you’re set up for greater success in construction.
- Easier budget management: By having one source working on both the design and build aspects of the project, you can get a better idea of budgetary needs early on in the design phase, as you won’t have to guess what a contractor might want to charge for certain types of work. This means you can have a finalized budget as soon as you have a completed scope of work, which allows for better financial management throughout the project.
- Faster completion: Design-build projects can be completed much faster, because it significantly reduces bid time and cuts out some processes altogether. You can start construction scheduling before you’ve even finalized the design, since the same team is also handling the construction work. You’ll also be able to identify potential challenges earlier on.
- Better communication: The process of building a new home or business involves a lot of changing and evolving design and construction details. Rather than acting as the middleman between a separate designer and builder, you can have more streamlined communication, since you are only dealing with a single source. This means you can discover and deal with any potential problems long before they’d become a serious issue, which keeps the whole process moving along much more smoothly.
- Better overall work: Design-build construction allows you to get on the same page with regard to expectations in both design and construction work. This means better quality control and more customer satisfaction upon completion of the project.
These are just a few of the reasons why you should focus on working with design-build firms in Pennsylvania rather than going through the standard bidding process with multiple companies. For more tips and information, please feel free to contact the team of professional designers and builders at WSL Incorporated. We look forward to working with you!