If you desire to live independently, but need a few adaptations in your home to do so, your specially adapted housing contractors in Cumberland County, PA are your perfect partners. Our solutions will allow you to easily move around your home and maintain the independent lifestyle you desire.
How can we do this? We offer the following specializations to assist those who want to make their homes more accessible.
VA Adapted Housing
Did you know the United States Department of Veterans Affairs funds grants that will pay for your home’s renovations? As an approved builder for VA Adapted Housing, we can help you complete the necessary paperwork to submit your grant application, then complete the necessary renovations to equip your home for independent living.
As an ADA Contractor, we possess the knowledge, tools and skills to adapt homes for those with disabilities. You might be surprised at the options available in modern home renovations.
Aging in Place
Your local specially adapted housing contractor in Cumberland County, PA is also a Certified Aging in Place Specialist. Our extensive training and experience allow us to help people stay in their homes when they might otherwise have to relocate.
Our specialists offer in-depth knowledge and expertise to complete a variety of home adaptations. These include:
- Doorways: We can widen doorways to accommodate wheelchairs and walkers.
- Ramps: Our technicians can construct step-free entrances or create ramps for easy access to the home.
- Bathrooms: We transform bathrooms with accessible tubs, showers and sinks.
- Kitchens: Navigating a kitchen can be challenging, but we make it simple with open floor plans and easy access to storage and appliances.
- Elevators: No, you don’t have to leave your two-story home. We install home elevators to make your current setting accessible.
- Chairlifts: If an elevator doesn’t seem feasible, we also offer the installation of chair lifts.
- Railings: You might be surprised what a difference a few handrails and grab bars can make in creating a safe and independent-living environment. We can install these wherever needed.
- First floor living: If you need to create a first-floor bedroom or bathroom, we have you covered. We can build or remodel to provide the floor plan that best suits your needs.
- New construction: Would you like to build a new home that is designed with accessibility in mind? No problem. Our specialists bring extensive experience to the table to help you create the ideal floor plan with detailed finishes that will provide the setting you need for independent living.
When you need a specially adapted housing contractor in Cumberland County, PA, contact the team at WSL Incorporated. We’ve been building custom homes for over 30 years. Our professional project management services take you through each step of your renovations, from design to warranty. We are dedicated to providing the details you need to make your surroundings work for you. Reach out to us today to discover how we can help you maintain your independence in a setting that offers safety, convenience and style.