Reinvesting in your home through kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Pennsylvania is a great way to add value. It’s also one of the best ways to improve your daily quality of life. We spend a lot of time in both the kitchen and the bathroom—it only makes sense to outfit these areas with quality materials, new amenities and design and décor that make them feel welcoming.
When you’re designing your new kitchen or bath, pay close attention to the accents that will most define the space. The reason these two rooms are common targets for remodeling is because they share many of the same features. Take a look at the five pillars of kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Pennsylvania and why they’re so important:
- Cabinets: In the kitchen, cabinets are the face of a remodel. In the bathroom, they’re essential for space-saving storage. Make the choice to invest in cabinets that accent your overall design theme, while giving you the functionality you need to keep these spaces well organized. Choose from contemporary or classic cabinetry, with custom options for cramped bathrooms or tucked-away corner spaces in the kitchen.
- Countertops: In both the kitchen and the bathroom, countertops play a pivotal role in design and function. They need to be resilient and durable, resistant to all types of abrasions and moisture. Make sure they’re easy to clean and complementary to things like cabinetry, flooring and wall coloring and décor.
- Flooring: The flooring should be strong and resistant in both kitchens and bathrooms. Tile is far and away the most popular option. Laminate flooring is also a smart choice, as is vinyl plank. Like your walls, your flooring is a huge swath of surface, so whatever you choose will play a big role in defining the theme and feel of the room.
- Fixtures: They may not seem all that important, but the hardware and fixtures throughout your rooms are the fine details that bring the entire concept together. In the kitchen, cabinet hardware and sink fixtures should stand out beautifully. In the bathroom, tub and shower fixtures are the premier place to make a statement.
- Lighting: How you light a room has a direct role in its ambience. Can lighting is popular in kitchen and bathrooms, and track lighting is on the rise as a trend. Dimmer switches serve both rooms well. Make sure lighting is placed where it’ll be most convenient and that there are no dark corners to hide in. As a bonus for bathrooms, a heat lamp can go a long way in adding comfort.
Don’t forget, these rooms have their differentiators, too! Pay mind to appliances and floor plan in the kitchen, where numerous layouts are possible. In the bathroom, tub, shower and toilet installations are big contributors to the space.
Getting familiar with all the major components of kitchen and bathroom remodeling in Pennsylvania is a great way to get started on the ideal design. If you need help nailing down the right design elements, WSL Incorporated can help!