The condition of the bathrooms in your home impacts its overall functionality, its resale value and the amount of time it spends on the market when you’re trying to sell. Homebuyers want to see clean, fresh and updated bathrooms when they’re looking at available residences. Even if you’re on a tight budget, bathroom remodeling in Pennsylvania doesn’t have to break the bank.
Inexpensive bathroom upgrades that transform the space
When you decide to make significant changes, bathroom remodeling in Pennsylvania can quickly become a costly expense. However, there are inexpensive updates a contractor can make that will give your bathroom the facelift it needs:
- New or painted vanities: The vanity in your bathroom is usually the largest fixture or piece of furniture in the space. As a result, it draws your attention immediately. Look into inexpensive options for replacing your existing one. Or, if you like the style of your current bathroom vanity, consider updating with a fresh coat of paint in a fun color.
- Upgrade counters: Replacing the counters in your kitchen can be quite expensive, but that’s not the case for your bathroom counters. These spaces are usually much smaller than what you would find in your kitchen. A new countertop in your bathroom makes a big difference. You can even find inexpensive slabs of granite to use if you sort through the ones with imperfections in non-neutral colors.
- New fixtures and accessories: Think of all the little things in your bathroom that have been there since you moved in: lighting, faucets, showerheads, towel bars, drawer pulls, cabinet knobs, curtain rods, light switches. You don’t need a professional to assist you with swapping these pieces out for new ones. These small touches make a big impact on your bathroom, and changing out all of them could cost you as little as $100.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint changes everything. You’ll be amazed at how different your bathroom looks when the painters finish the job. This is your chance to try an exciting pop of color or further incorporate your overall home aesthetic into the bathroom. You can also try hanging wallpaper in the bathroom to add bright patterns and soothing textures to the room—just make sure you opt for a product that will stand up to moisture.
- Redo caulk and grout: Grimy caulk and grout look really awful in a bathroom. Despite your best efforts to clean, these materials age over time, especially when exposed to high levels of moisture. Re-caulking or re-grouting your bathroom brightens up the entire space and makes the area look much cleaner than it ever did before.
- Refinish the tub and shower: While replacing these fixtures costs quite a bit, refinishing your shower or tub creates stunning results that won’t exceed your project budget. While you’re at it, buy a new shower curtain, too. Together, these changes refresh your bathroom.
If you’re considering bathroom remodeling in Pennsylvania, don’t let a limited budget concern you. Instead, hire a remodeling contractor, such as WSL Incorporated, to handle the job with the high level of care, quality and expertise you and your home deserve. Reach out to us today to discuss your options for renovating your bathroom on a budget.